And just like that, the Red Wings are no longer a division rival (unless there’s a playoff matchup… which would be a pretty awesome send off). Sadly, this game didn’t quite have the energy of the March 3rd back and forth playoff-like battle.. and it wasn’t the pantsing that we say last time they met. But it’s another win. And it clinches the division. And that’ll do.
Also, I really like this game picture because it looks like they’re playing with a huge novelty sized puck.
- It don’t know if I really like to see the Wings fall this low, but Stalberg had an almost Blue Jackets level of game today. He was all over the ice and his speed was on full display. And of course he added the opening goal.
- You just knew we’d bring this up – Sharp was 7-1 on the draws while Kruger was 6-7. I’m not saying I don’t like Kruger as a center on that line but I am saying I like Sharp’s newer role in taking draws when he can have an advantage.
- The Hawks did sweep the Scum this year but the Wings did take 3 points out of the whole deal. So if there is a playoff matchup it could be tighter than a sweep would make it seem.
- 7 games left for the Ducks, 7 points behind. Just sayin’.
- It’s a shame Datsyuk couldn’t show up for this game. It would have been nice to see him play.
- Toews is turning up his play lately. This should scare other teams.
- INSERT COMMENT ABOUT GOALIES HERE.
- Even with a close game, the TOI across the board was completely manageable. Nice to see Q not panic and push out only the top lines in the third down a goal. To me, even though it was a really late goal, I never doubted it was coming. I believe in
Harvey DentJonathan Toews.
- Hossa’s shootout goal was a great fuck you moment. Yeah, he could have gone all Kane like and deked and wristed. But slapshots are way more fun. Nice call from Edzo too.
- OK – Off to Wrigley for my first Cubs game of the year. Pray I don’t freeze to death and we’ll see you back here Sunday.